Thursday, July 11, 2013

Here I Am

Here I am.
I feel like I should start all my recent posts that way!

As you can imagine from no recent posts, my recovery period this time was pretty tough. A solid week of exhaustion - a lot of time in bed - it pretty much sucked. Midweek Kelly brought a chair to our bedroom which was great. Even though I was tired, at least I was sitting up. Too much time in bed makes one feel worse, I think.

My one complaint is shortness of breath upon basic activities, like walking. No one really knows why it is happening, it is just one of my joyous side effects. It may be the tumors on my lungs, but that is unlikely because even though they are 'innumerable,' they are small. I have learned to walk slowly, take breaks, and hope for someplace to sit at the top of a flight of stairs! In a few weeks I am flying to Michigan for my cousin's wedding. I think I am going to need to get to the airport bright and early to have time to get to my plane!

My dad is slowly improving. I finally got to see him yesterday, which was good for my soul as I had not seen him. He was a little confused when my mom and I arrived, but was much better by the time we left. They are working to get him into a rehab facility close to home. I hope that happens because it would be easier to visit him and he would have some stability in terms of the staff, etc.

Today's kid story is about Crosby. On Saturday we were all out by the pool and Kelly jumped off the diving board. Crosby saw him go, and went running for the board. He climbed up and went right to the end of the board...and then (thankfully) decided that was a little to high and climbed down. Until the last moment we thought he was going to go...nothing like letting the 1 year old try anything!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Beth said...

Glad to hear that both you and your dad are making progress. I'm sorry to hear about the shortness of breath... I know how active you're used to being, so that must be a tough side effect to adjust to. I hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend with the fam - it's supposed to be beautiful. As for catching your plane, get a ride on a golf cart, Lady!

Di said...

Hi. It feels like 70 and Doppler said 50's.I knew I should have put the a.c. on. Hope you are cooler than I and snoozing away. Hope and pray that this round of chemo is gentler to you.