Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hospital Stay Number Two

Ah, here I am enjoying the fine accommodations at Tower Two, Room 21 Glens Falls Hospital. I came in for a routine check Monday morning and by early afternoon was admitted due to the side effects from the chemo. Short version: I cannot eat or drink enough to stay hydrated and be able to take my medications in pill form so I am here receiving IV meds, liquids, and electrolytes as needed. The source of the problem seems to be those nasty mouth ulcers I wrote about over the weekend.

For those of you who remember my last hospital stay, you may be groaning right now since that one was so miserable. This stay could not be more different. I have experienced only fantastic nurses and techs. Many who have sat at chatted with me (even at 3 AM), and all who have gone out of their way to make my stay as positive as possible, while also trying to help me get home as soon as possible.

On Monday night I joked with Kelly that his nights would be easier because he would now just have to take care of the kids! (I asked for a lot of middle of the night crushed ice runs.)

Rory and Kyan have both been to visit me and did really well with the hospital setting. The adjustable bed was a huge hit with them and although they were curious about my accessed port (for those who haven't seen one, it looks a lot like an IV hook up, just in my chest with a clear bandage over it), riding up and down on the bed was more exciting.

I am not sure when I will get out. As Dr. S said (by the by, I have a whole new realm of nicknames I have learned for him up here...), "We did this to you, now let us help fix it."

1 comment:

angela said...

SO glad that this hospital stay was different than the last. I bet Team Smac got someone's ear and let them know you should only receive VIP treatment!