Sunday, June 23, 2013

News

I have so much to write about: Father's Day, the incredible spaghetti benefit, the wild and crazy kiddos, and a health update. But, today I would like to ask you all for your prayers for my dad.

For the past three weeks my dad has been becoming weaker and weaker for no known reason. This morning he was transported to the hospital via ambulance because he was so weak. He has been admitted to the hospital and they are trying to determine what is going on. He had a great deal of blood work and a PET scan last week and we are hopeful when his oncologist reviews the results tomorrow, there will be a clear direction of treatment.

I had a pretty saucy chat with God last week. The gist being to leave my mom and dad alone. They have been through enough and have more than enough on their plates. I think God appreciates my directness. At least I hope so.


5 comments:

Beth said...

Prayer sent. I'm so very sorry to hear about this. I was also pretty direct in my prayer.

Unknown said...

Praying hard for all of you every day...

Unknown said...

Give Uncle John and Aunt Gwen love from FL, I think of you all often!

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you!!!!!

Renée said...

Will definitely be keeping your Dad in my prayers...and your mom... I was sorry we didn't get a chance to say hello to you at the benefit, but what a great day it was..you looked great, your boys are so adorable!!