Wednesday, August 21, 2013

URLs, CT scans, and a crazy 5 year old

Turns out I had the wrong URL for my Pampered Chef site in my last post. Here is the correct URL:
http://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/suzannemurphy

I also wanted to mention that I really love the Fundraiser program PC does. A percentage of sales from each party goes directly to your cause - whether it is a national cause, like the American Cancer Society, or a more personal cause, like a friend struggling with the cost of medical bills. I also donate a percentage of my earnings to the cause as a way to give back to the community that has been so giving to my family. If you are interested, contact me - this is my favorite type of party!

Medical news: last week I had a scan to check on the tumors in my torso. The tumors in my liver and abdomen are shrinking slightly while those in my lungs are growing slightly. I suppose we are at a 'stable' place for now. In a few weeks I am going to meet with a lung and chest surgeon about having a biopsy of the tumors in my lungs. The purpose is two-fold: determine if the lung tumors are related to the cervical cancer or the neuroendocrine cancer. The second purpose is to do a test called a chemotherapy assay. In this test a variety of chemotherapy agents are applied to the tumor to see which ones work best in the lab. Dr. S can then use this information to help him decide where to go from here.

Last weekend we went up to my in-laws' home on Lake George where my father-in-law surprised Rory with his very own fishing pole. And worms. Rory was all smiles. He was even more thrilled after catching over 20 sunnies off the dock. He'd put his pole in and almost instantly had a fish. His little brothers were equally excited by watching the fish in the bucket before we put them back in the water. It was great to see Rory have such fun with a new hobby!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can't wait for my party in October!!! Thanks for offering the fundraising idea! Animal Care Sanctuary is going to love this!

Unknown said...

The purpose is two-fold: determine if the lung tumors are related to the cervical cancer or the neuroendocrine cancer.
Bail Bondsman Los Angeles