Thursday, August 8, 2013

Work

I miss working. I miss interacting with new people who are not doctors or nurses. I miss the challenge of doing something new.
I cannot go back to my old job. It is a deadline-driven job and I cannot guarantee I will feel well enough to meet my deadlines. Plus, chemo brain. For those who have not heard of chemo brain it is a term used to describe the forgetfulness and slower thought process of those on chemo. Again, not great for my former profession.
So I thought about what I could do, factoring in my hip pain, treatment schedule, and medications.
Turns out that list is fairly short. But then my friend Betsy came over to do a Pampered Chef party with me as the hostess. And it hit me...this would be a great job. Flexible hours, work when my treatment schedule allowed, and selling a great product that people can actually use in their homes!
I talked to Kelly and he agreed to sign up with me, that way if I am unexpectedly having a rough day, he can fill in for me. (I know...he should probably just do the cooking part of each show anyways!)
We would love to have some of you as our first hosts/hostesses! In September all stoneware (like the famous pizza stone) will be 20% off, so it is a great time to host a party. I also have some clever, useful, and affordable Christmas gift ideas for teachers, etc. You can be a host or hostess in many different ways:
1) Host a show where I come to your house (again, with wine!), you invite friends and family, and we make some yummy food. One friend feels her house is too small, so we are going to have her party at my house. Keep that in mind if you feel the same way! You will earn free and half price products for hosting. Kelly and I earned over $200 in free products when we hosted!
2) Host a catalog show. I will give you catalogs for you to give to your friends and family. They can then place orders online through my website or by contacting me. Easy breezy. And, you will also earn free and half price products for yourself!
3) If you would like some Pampered Chef products, but don't want to host a party, you can go to our website and place an order:
http://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/suzannemurphy
I'd love to hear from you - Pampered Chef sells awesome, reliable products that you will love to use. Thanks!
Email to reach us at: suzanne.murphy@gmail.com

1 comment:

frieda said...

I absolutely love Pampered Chef.

I just committed myself to a party for 31, though, and my friends would change their minds about being my friend if I invited them to another party. So, what I can do is offer my house as a Pampered Chef staging place. My house is kinda pretty, and no young children to worry about. So if for some reason you'd like to bring your friends (or friends' friends) to my house, I'd be glad to help.