Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pictures

I am a big advocate of picture-taking. Both by professionals and on the fly with my iPhone. I am not a fan of how I look in all the pics, but I fight the urge to hit the delete button (which is oh so easy) because in each picture there was something I wanted to capture.

For the past few years, we have done a family photo session around Thanksgiving. Here is the family picture that made the Christmas card cut:

 
 
After our Thanksgiving photo session we select one image to print in a 16 x 20. And while I really like the picture we used for the Christmas card, we chose this picture:
 

 
A little less formal. A little more Murphy. A whole lot us.
 
So go, take pictures. Take perfect pictures, and horrible ones. Don't delete any right away. Go back and look in a few weeks, a few months. I bet all of them will bring a smile to your face.
 


7 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE picture taking, but I especially love looking at pics of the Murphy crew!

Unknown said...

That second photo is great! Of course so is the first one :)

*Sue said...

Love love love the pics!

liz austin said...

Love the personalities that show through poses! Happy picture snapping <3

Judith said...

These are awesome!

DebG said...

They're both perfect! Love those Murphy faces and Rory's personality is soooo evident in the second!

KelliGirl said...

You have taught me this lesson. I HATE having my picture taken, and I HATE the way I look in them....but the regret at not having photographic evidence of memories is even worse than that. So, I try...I want B to have pictures of us together when she looks back someday.

Love both of those pictures (framing my Christmas card one!).