Sunday, April 28, 2013

Home Again

I am back home as of Wednesday, which I think has done me a world of good. It is great to be back with my crazy kiddos and crazier hubby. While I was away Crosby learned to run and climb, Kyan seemed to grow a few inches, and Rory's articulation seemed to greatly improve. Kelly seemed to have lost a little more hair...

On Wednesday I spoke with Lauren, the PA who works with Dr. S, about my most recent PET scan. It shows stability in both the lymph node tumors and liver tumors. This is great news considering that for the past 10 weeks the tumors in my lymph nodes have received no treatment. I expected to hear that they had spread and/or grown larger, but thankfully they opted to behave.

Tomorrow I head to the cancer center where the plan is for me to start chemotherapy. I am not sure if that will happen. I still have a great deal of nausea and am continuing to lose weight. I would like to delay a week or so to give me time to get my appetite and energy back, but the chemo may also help me feel better.

What other medical news is there? I went for an MRI of my hips Friday as they are still trying to determine why I have such pain standing and walking. I may not have told you all about that... Basically for the past 6 weeks I have not been able to stand or walk for more than 5-15 minutes without severe pelvic pain. I thought it was due to my lower activity level (which it may well be), but now I cannot increase my activity level because of the pain. I am hopeful that the MRI gives a clear cause for the pain, and a solution, such as x-ray guided cortisone shots, can be used to solve the problem.

So thankful for good insurance...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Renée said...

So glad to hear you're home with the chaos!!!... I'm sure you've been missing those hugs from your boys! I do hope that they get to the bottom of the pain thing and did you get your pure ginger candies? I saw them online.. not sure if they're the ones you liked or not though. let me know!! Enjoy this beautiful day! We opted for a church service at home this morning!

Flugmacher said...

glad to hear you're feeling better

DebR said...

Glad you are home!

Eliz said...

Continued prayers. Nothing like family to embrace you--such as they "embrace"!

angela said...

Are the radiation spheres part of the hip pain? I am sure they have gone over everything and as we know you are an outlier all the way! =) I'm so glad to hear the Lymph nodes are behaving themselves! We will keep you and the rest of Kelly's hair in our thoughts and prayers. =D

Di said...

Glad you are back home. Always feels good to be in your own bed eh? Knowing you are treated the best at your mom and dad's home still nice to go home. sorry I did not see you. Can well understand why you need to have some still moments! Sun is out....looks like maybeeeee summer has arrived...well maybe. love ya, di