Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stalkers

So many people have asked me to post to ease their concerned minds. With some of the meds I am on, I find it difficult to write, but I will give it a shot to post at least weekly.

Tonight will just be some health highlights. But I will write about the kids soon. They are amazing.

*Today I had my second set of cortisone shots for my hips. The first showed some improvement, but more is needed to get to a comfortable spot.

*Tomorrow I have an MRI of my cervical spine. I have had some severe low back pain and this is to see if we can find some answers and rule out crappy answers, like tumor activity.

*My decreasing weight is still a problem. I am trying some new meds and alternative suggestions this week. My friend found some ginger candies that work great. Of course, can we find them again? No. If you happen to see any with real ginger in them, could you let me know?

*Wednesday is my last liver procedure. I will go down to Albany in the AM and be there most of the day. Then I will check into the hotel until Saturday and head to my folks' house Saturday afternoon through the 24th.

*On the 19th I have a PET scan to see what is going on inside. It is unlikely there will be much response yet from the sphere treatment, but it will show how the lymph nodes are doing and if there is any additional growth.

*Around April 29 I will start some form of chemo again. Three drugs are on the table. Depending on how I am doing and the PET results, I will get a mix of 2 or 3 of the drugs.p

*And now, a confession...I am back in the Diet Coke and it is oh so good. Typically just one can a day on ice. Ahhhh...

7 comments:

Bob Singer said...

Thanks for the update. Taking care of yourself is obviously a full time job. Thinking of you...We always have a spot open in a lane for you.

Beth said...

Pulling for you, my friend. I know that a nearby restaurant sells some sort of ginger candies on their counter. I will check today to see if they contain real ginger. If they do, I'll buy all they have and send them your way :). Enjoy your Diet Coke!

just simply marla said...

I found your blog from another friend's and have been following and praying for you and your family.

I have always recommended Reed's Ginger candy to friends who have nausea with morning sickness and a friend going through chemo had good success with it as well. Here in Virginia, our Kroger stores sell it, usually in the natural food area. Yogi ginger tea can also be helpful.

Blessings and peace to you and your family.
Marla

Beth said...

Ginger Yogi Tea has worked great for my nausea during migraines too. Good call, Marla!

Renée said...

Thank you for writing Suzanne, I keep you in my prayers and so does my mom in Montreal! You must be tired and thankful to have today behind you.... may the coming days bring healing and peace : ) I'll be on the look-out for ginger candy too!

Unknown said...

Yes...I confess I am a stalker...but in a good way...(((hug)))

angela said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us Suzanne. We are all still praying, we are all still here for you and your family, We are Team SMACer's for life!