Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nap time

I had my liver biopsy done this morning and all went well. My side is a bit sore this evening and my head is still a little fuzzy, but all in all I cannot complain. I was aware of the process, but sedated enough that it did not hurt and I willingly allowed the doc (another swimmer, by the way...swimming: the way to meet your dream healthcare team) to place a long needle through my side, repeatedly.

Results will be in early next week.

On Tuesday I start my new chemo. It sounds like the side effects may start during the treatment, so Kelly is going to work from home so he can drive me and be here...just in case. I am eager to get a treatment under my belt so I know what to expect for future treatments.

Then, on 1/22 Kelly and I will go to the liver clinic at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for their advice/opinion. Working with them has been a terrific experience thus far, and I look forward to meeting everyone there in person.

I am beat...so off to bed I go to try to get some solid sleep. (And convince Kelly to get some sleep too!)

1 comment:

angela said...

fingers, eyes, and toes crossed.