Friday, January 25, 2013

Quick Note

Kelly and I had a good trip to Johns Hopkins. My lead oncologist there reminded me a great deal of Dr. S in terms of his thoughtfulness and responsiveness to our questions. There were a few ideas put forth, but nothing set in stone. When things are ironed out a bit more, we'll talk about them. (No need to drag you all along on a roller coaster ride...especially one that often gets stuck!)

I have not been responding well to chemo - the side effects have sidelined me to the point that I slept 18 hours per day for a few days. My treatment this week was delayed because I was dehydrated and unable to eat. (I have lost about 25 pounds since Christmas. Of course...the one year I don't make losing weight a resolution!!!) I have been going in every other day for IV hydration and on Tuesday I will try chemo again, though at a lower dose. I am also going to try a patch to help with the stomach upset that my friend Courtney swears by - I am hopeful that it will work as well for me as it did for her husband.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Rethinking those "special" brownies, aren't you?

stickerlady said...

They worked for my son years ago when he was on chemo for 3 years!!!

angela said...

Here's to hoping that the patch will work for you.