Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5

Today Kyan, my middle child, my primary source of gray hair (when I had hair), my sweet smiling boy, turned 3. As many parents know, these things sneak up on us. Wasn't he just born? Just learning to walk? Just climbing on his first high surface and nearly sending me to a cardiologist? Not that 3 is old, but time flies.

Those of you who have met Kyan know that he has the best laugh. A big belly laugh that gets deeper with age. This video is a little old, but it will give you the general idea. This laugh is one of those things that when he does it after being naughty, I have to fight the urge not to smile or laugh. I don't always win that battle.



Kyan's favorite toy is Matchbox cars. We must have at least 200 (many hand me downs from his beloved cousin, Aidan). He plays with them all. He got a few new ones at his family birthday party on Sunday and he can pick those out of his collection. He organizes them by color or by type of car. He has races and crashes them, and for some reason many fly off our kitchen table. Speaking of the table, when we bought a new table I researched and researched to find one made of hard wood that was pretty kid-resistant. I forgot to research Matchbox car resistant. Let's just say our table has a "distressed" look it did not start with.

Ky is becoming a great big brother to Crosby and a wonderful little brother and playmate to Rory. Crosby sees Ky and his face just lights up. They both share a love of books, and it is fun having both of them in my lap while attempting to read a book. Rory very much wants Ky to learn to play his games - both outdoor and indoor. Kyan is interested, but not quite there yet. But, there are moments we see the glimmer of their brotherly friendship shining through.

I can't believe it has already been 3 years with my adorable little nugget, Kyan. Happy Birthday, Kyan! You have brought so much laughter and so many smiles to our home ~ I love you!

5 comments:

KelliGirl said...

Three years sure flew by, didn't it? Happy birthday, Ky! I love you bunches and bunches....even when -especially when!! - you "go tell Mommy" on me. :)
XOXOXOXO

liz austin said...

What a great laugh to accompany such a wonderful little boy!

Beth said...

Tell him "roar" for me - but in the sweetest, most quiet little voice, like he did it when I saw him last :)

Di said...

Happy Birthday Kyan....big 3. I have a little girl you would love to meet.Ms.Emily,also 3....and also mmmm shall I say very active.
Are megaphones installed at birth?Just wondering.

angela said...

He is awful cute! Happy Birthday little man!