Thursday, July 12, 2012

What's Up

A week of external radiation is now under my belt. One-sixth of the way through. Radiation isn't difficult (yet), but I am not nuts about going to the cancer center every day. The good thing is that the radiation techs market it as "30 minutes from the time you get out of your car until you get back in it."

Except on Mondays, when I also have an appointment with the radiation oncologist.
And Fridays, when I also have bloodwork, chemo, and an appointment with Dr. S.
Oh, and Wednesdays starting two weeks when I need to start internal radiation and will be there from 6:30-noonish.
But the marketing holds for Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Several people have emailed or asked me in person about why I have fewer blog posts and why they are a bit more factual of late. There is no good answer. I have things I want to write, but haven't really been able to write as I want to write them. Some nights I write and it doesn't seem to go anywhere, or where I want it to go, so it is not made public.

And some nights, like tonight, are at the end of a long, emotional day. Nights where I am drained and know that writing much beyond the basics would be an exercise in futility.

So, I am still here. Still writing. Still in treatment. Still wrangling a busy, crazy life.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

angela said...

I'll take whatever blog I can get! =) Thank you for sharing all that you do with us!

KelliGirl said...

You do what you can, when you can, with what you have....it's all anyone can do.

The fact that you take time to communicate at all means a ton!

Keep being awesome! :)

crichichi said...

I'm with Angela and Kelli...heck I think it's been 4 mos since I touched our blog!!!