Saturday, February 25, 2012

Who needs a bucket list?

I will not be skydiving anytime soon. Or base jumping. Or jetting off to Italy. When I was told of the expected outcome of my cancer I thought about what I really wanted to do. Today, I went on my "big" trip - it was to the Bronx Zoo. I wanted to come here because Rory has wanted to visit a zoo for months and I wanted to do that with him. So, we did and it was great. Rory saw the giraffes and penguins like he wanted to, and thought the sea lions were really cool. Kyan also had fun...even when he thought one of the roaming peacocks was going to eat him (seriously, adorable). Crosby enjoyed his long nap and smiling at people in the cafe. Anyhow, the point is that I don't have a "bucket list." I have had many great adventures, but I don't need to have another that pulls me far from home. I want to write Cora's name in the sand, I want to go with Cory to breakfast at Suttons, I want to talk with Kelli-girl for so long that Kelly thinks I forgot my way home, I want a date-night with Kelly, I want a homemade dinner with my mom and dad, I want to swim around my in-laws island home, I want to play Bunco and neither win nor lose, I want to lay on the floor while Crosby plays, I want to play cars with Kyan, and I want to play hide and seek with Rory. I simply want to keep living my very blessed life.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I want that too...

Anonymous said...

You and your family are so amazingly AWESOME!!! glad you are enjoying your little blessings!!! by the way, we have beautiful sand down here to write Cora's name in.... Feel free to come anytime!!! :-)

jennhas3boys said...

we all want that for you... hugs my dear friend.

crichichi said...

The thing about you Suzanne is you've always gotten "it"... You always know what is important! Thank you for reminding the rest of us... We love you and pray for an infinite number of the special moments!

jennifer said...

John and I are praying for you and your family every day Suzanne. We believe in miracles, and you certainly deserve to have one.

KelliGirl said...

Th is my dearest wish for you and my most fervent prayer. XOXOXO, Pookie.

Beth said...

Something tells me that you'll be able to do all of those things, many times over :). Sending love your way.

DebG said...

Savor those moments and each time the sun peeks through the ominous clouds. Wish we could all carry you as you weather this storm xoxo