Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Celebration

Every year on Kelly's birthday I asked him what he wanted to do and the answer was always something simple, like dinner out, but with the caveat that for his 40th birthday, he wanted a party.

Last Sunday, guess who turned 40? Guess what we are doing tonight? We are having a party!

When I got my prognosis one of the first things I decided was that I was going to do was to host Kelly's 40th Birthday because it is one of the very few things he has ever asked for for himself. I had no idea at the time how I would be feeling or where I would be in treatment, but this party was going to happen. I told him this. He said no, no, no. I said yes. My yes also had a look with it, which is why I only needed one yes to his three nos.

So, tonight we celebrate! We celebrate Kelly's 40th Birthday (he looks and acts a great deal like he did when he was 39). We celebrate being together with our family and friends for a great occasion. We celebrate all the friends and family who will be able to be here to celebrate with us. We celebrate another year of Kelly ~ funny, sweet, hockey-playing, Lego-hoarding, dedicated, lovable Kelly.

Happy 40th Birthday, BayBay!

7 comments:

Deb Roberts said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly!

liz austin said...

Happy birthday! Have a funtastic time celebrating!

Cory said...

What a great celebration it was! Bob and I were honored to be there and celebrate with both if you. We're praying every day that we'll get to celebrate your 40th.

Love to you both

Beth said...

LOVE that you are seizing every moment and hoping beyond hope that you tjrow his 80th birthday party too ;)

Andrew said...

So glad we could be there to celebrate with you! Great time, leave it to Suzanne to find Lego birthday candles for the cake... thanks for a great evening!

angela said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was the best one yet!

KelliGirl said...

It was a great time!! Such fun...and love. What amazing people surround you and the Boi. That's the gift that keeps on giving!
XOXOXO