Thursday, May 24, 2012

Piazza San Marco

I love this picture of Kelly and me ~ it is not a stellar picture of us, but rather the story behind it is fun.

In May 2007 Kelly and I went to Italy for about 2 weeks ~ Rome, Florence, and Venice were our bases.  We had so much fun in Italy. Except for the lunch we had after we visited Vatican City (yes, they let me in...) which involved moving squid. Still makes me shiver. That aside, I think one would have to put some serious effort in to not have fun in Italy.

This picture was taken at St. Mark's Square, Venice on one of our last nights in Italy. It is the standard "hold out the camera take a picture" digital camera picture (do the youth of today know that this "shot" is a relatively new one and not the standard way to take a picture?). We probably took about 20 pictures like this an attempt to get one that was not missing half of one of us.

I look at this picture and think about how we just spent the days wandering around the cities without too much worry. Our lives were pretty darn good. Little did we know that at this time the primary neuroendocrine tumor was most likely already growing somewhere in my body.

 

4 comments:

KelliGirl said...

Italy was so much fun for you - a grand adventure! Don't think about the squid, remember the painting you got...that is always what I think of when you mention your Italy trip. Well, that and you saying, "I hope I puke my way across Italy, I really do." ;)

XOXOXO

Beth said...

My wish is that you and Kelly get to enjoy that carefree feeling of true bliss together many, many more times. Oh, and that you get to puke your way through any country you'd like :)

angela said...

Love this picture! I'm still imagining the squid... moving... on your plate... delivered to you for lunch...oh dear...

Di said...

the whole moving squid has made me maybe not want another piece of toast. Wow, the Vatican.You didn't happen to carry out any files did you? mmm....love the pix! There willbemany more.