Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sick

I started to feel better from my last round of chemo on Sunday, but not close to 100%. I pressed on through Monday, thinking it was just a slower, longer recovery from my treatment. I even went to swim practice last night (though I did draft off the other swimmers in my lane for the majority of practice). Then I got home and realized I really felt like hell. This probably wasn't chemo side-effects, it was a stomach bug. Normally no big deal, but since I am on the cusp of my lowest-count days, I called the cancer center and crossed my fingers that an overnight hospital stay was not on my agenda.

Short version: I was prescribed meds, given IV fluids, and told I didn't look good (there is no sugar coating by Dr. S).
Bright spot: I am home tonight. Hospital stay avoided. To continue avoiding the hospital, I am heading to bed with high hopes of (a) sleeping and (b) feeling a hell of a lot better tomorrow.


4 comments:

JanePullen said...

Hope you are feeling better today. That damn bug has been going around. Jeanine's family got it 2 weeks ago and I have heard that it has been all through Queensbury...nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Fortunately,it has only been a 24 hour thing, but wipes you out for another day. Will be over again on Thursday. In the meantime, if you need anything, let me know.

Beth said...

So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, my friend. Here's to a speedy recovery from the flu and to a few days of as much rest and relaxation as a mom of 3 young boys can have, to help fight off any furhter impact. Thinking of you all the time.

KelliGirl said...

Awful. I hope it is gone and you are regaining some strength!
XOXOXO

angela said...

I hope you are getting the rest you need to recover from treatment and this terrible bug. I am thinking of you... I am also wearing my SMAC shirt as I type this =)