Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SMAC sorters

Quick update tonight:
The Team SMAC shirts are in and sorted ~ and here is a picture of the wonderful sorters (sans Tim, our heavy box hauler and photo taker extraordinaire) in our great shirts.
Things we learned tonight:
1) One spreadsheet is complicated.
2) Two spreadsheets are very complicated.
But, we pulled through and got done before midnight, which was lovely.

For those of you who are interested in a shirt, but didn't order one, let me know. Rumor has it that another order will be going in late in the month.

As for me, the first round of receiving chemo is done. The side effects have been mild, so far, but I am also following my orders from Dr. S to a T. Rumor has it that this weekend might be a little rougher, and Days 10-14 are the highest infection-risk days (so if I go into a cave, I'll be back out shortly).
Tomorrow I get my white cell boosting shot and venture to Reiki for the first time, and then back to Acupuncture on Friday.


4 comments:

angela said...

I LOVE that you are feeling well after day three, I think it's amazing that you are including alternative therapies with it, and hoping you have a good book to read while you are in the "cave" for a few days. =) I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

liz austin said...

Love reiki and accupuncture! Enjoy those relaxing moments <3

Beth said...

I don't know what Reiki is, but I hope whoever's doing it to you Reikis the s!?* out of this cancer. Thanks so much to all of the Team SMAC supporters for your hours of shirt sorting, packing, and shipping. You rock!

EmilyOrange said...

I'm glad you don't feel too awful. I think the alternative medicines are great.