Monday, April 30, 2012

How I Am Doing

I was asked about 57 times today how things were going and realized that I haven't really talked much about this chemo cycle.

Last Monday - Wednesday were fine. A big cheer for those legal steroids they give me before I get my chemo. As Thursday progressed, I began to feel a little tired, but nothing that a normal bedtime wouldn't fix. On Friday, I woke up queasy and feeling a little off. I had an early morning acupuncture appointment which usually helps, but instead made me jittery. The rest of Friday was rough ~ my stomach didn't settle and I was both tired and jittery. Not a pleasant combination!

Saturday I woke up early and did about 3 miles with my neighbors. The first 0.2 mile felt great. The remaining 2.8 miles...not so much. I pretty much felt like hell the majority of the day, but hung out with the little boys and hubby (in other words, I didn't take to my bed). Saturday night we had Kelly's work party and I am not going to lie, I was not sure about my ability to rally for it. But, we got there and it was like a switch went off and I started feeling quite a bit better ~ we ended up staying for the whole party. By Sunday, I was feeling 96% back to my normal self.

Tomorrow is my nadir day (blood count check), which Dr. S said I could skip if I was feeling well and didn't have any questions. I am planning on skipping it since I am back to feeling like myself.

Short version: 21 day chemo cycles: 2 days stink, 19 days are good. I can deal with that. [I bet you wish you knew there was a short version at the beginning, eh?]

3 comments:

liz austin said...

So happy to hear that most days are good :)

Beth said...

So glad to hear that you were able to have a good tme with Kelly at his work party - you looked beautiful, and I just loved the pics you posted. Also happy to hear you were feeling well enough to clebrate his
40th birthday with him. That's the good stuff!

KelliGirl said...

Those are some great stats - 2 off days (not taking to your bed) are pretty damn good!