Thursday, March 1, 2012

Socks

Some days I write about the soul, other days I write about socks.

I am in dire need of new socks. For some reason, all of my socks seem to be biting the dust this winter. I am down to those socks which have survived this long simply because I never really liked them, so I didn't really wear them. Right now I am wearing socks with Yorkies on them. No, really, I am.

I kept meaning to buy new socks, but I am busy and sock buying just was not a priority. Then I was told I had an exceptionally short time to live and thought: "Why buy socks? I won't really need them." Isn't that a weird thought to have? I mean, it certainly wasn't my first thought, but at some point after I found out, I had that thought.

Another thought: I decided I want to be buried (if not cremated, but that thought process is another post...) barefoot. I am not a big fan of shoes, so I want to be barefoot. This will probably make my mom shake her head. My lack of love for shoes has been a mystery to many, especially my mom.

Anyhow, back to the socks. I wasn't going to buy any. But that isn't really a positive action is it? So tonight I am going to wrap this up and go order (yes, order...if I am getting socks, I am getting the ones I like) a drawer full.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

So I think they should be the craziest or most luxurious - or both. The store downtown in Glens Falls that replaced Ridge Street Coffee has some wicked nice merino wool socks from VT - AWESOME! Go wild with the socks!

KelliGirl said...

Barefoot is you. Well, barefoot or Tevas.

Do I hear some yummy sushi socks calling us again? Man, I miss those socks....

frieda said...

By now you have seen the poem "What Cancer Cannot Do," cannot stop love, etc.

Cancer cannot make Suzanne wear ugly socks.

Beth said...

I think you should really show this cancer how determined you are and buy underwear too!

Di said...

OK, GETTING VERY CONFUSED...HOW CAN YOU BE A GOODY TWO SHOES WHEN YOU DON'T WEAR SHOES! AHA....NOT SUCH A GOODY TWO SHOES NOW EH? YOU ARE A GOODY TWO SOCKER...FUNNY ABOUT YOUR SOCKS BECAUSE I AM SAD OVER MY SOCKS...SMART WOOLS....HAVE HOLES...I STILL WEAR THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE COMFY.I ALSO STILL WEAR THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE. THE HIKING ONES HAVE A BIT OF A CUSHION AND THEY FEEL GOOD WALKING AROUND. AND.....THEY COME IN GREY SO YOU DON'T KNOW HOW DIRTY YOUR FLOOR IS...OR CARE!